Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Well hi there!

Apparently I have a blog. I was going to create one today, BUT! I typed in my info and Ta-Da I have a totally emo blog from almost a year ago. Strange, and saddening because I wanted to write this blog on political, social, and over all the declination of humanity. But hell, at least we got a start huh?

Lets begin (assuming your still reading), with a recap of the year. And over all an explanation on the emo last post. I had just came off a four year relationship, and personally I felt I had no identity. I had felt so much of myself was tied in with that other person, after all was said and done, I had forgotten who I was before I had met that person. So there I was September 25th, much like other folks at that age (though they are afraid to admit it), clueless to who I actually was, and what I was doing here.

Well the year progressed, oh so slowly, and I started to remember the things I used to love. The first and formost long shed habbit was college basketball, having pretty much been banned or commited by a signifigant other to do something during games, I had lost any time to follow my favorite team of 8 years at that point. No logner was I chained by a relationship and could spend many hours in my boxers watching college basketball! Go Duke!!

Secondly my guitar playing had became stagnant. And music over all had been eating the back burner, why did I let some girl have so much control over my time and activities? A dedicated 30 minutes a day jump started my playing, and my love for music again woohoo!

And with the depature of that relationship, I gained back a few of my guy friends which I had lost contact with. Which also brought back many many episodes of idiocy and activities that involve ignorant ideas like "suit skateboarding."

Also this opportunity, let me get back into my education full force, and im now a little over a year away from my teaching degree.

So ladies and gentlemen, what have I learned from the whole fiasco? A few things, being in a relationship isn't everything, though I did gain a lot of great things in that relationship, this weird year full of blunders, dates, and over all just being alone has netted many many rewards. Honestly I haven't grown so much as a guitar player, basketball player, painter (very bad one at that, so of course there is growth), Christian, friend, and human being than any other year. I'm proud of who I am, and happy to be here.

So to wrap things up, on this insanely long blog post, let me address just a few last things. One, I still hate blogs and blogging, surprise! The only reason I am writing this one now is because a great friend has a blog that I really enjoy reading (and you can too if you know Turkish!) http://stregamze.blogspot.com/ . Secondly this is the last post directly about me, I doubt anyone will be sad about this :D. So if your still here stick with me a bit, and lets see how things happen. Thanks!

No comments: